Monday, October 30, 2006

When You're Forced Out Of Bed On An Early Saturday Morning For Latte

early saturday morning, i was still wandering far away in slumberland, hoping for the first time after a long time, to be able to wake up at mid-day.

but no... kai sieng had to call me, here goes the conversation:

*my mobile, on the work desk, next to my bed, rang incessantly and i picked it up*

me: bleddy hell... who's calling me this early? *looking at the screen for caller I.D.* oh... kai sieng *pressed 'accept call' button* hullo kai sieng... yeah whassup... *yawns*

kai sieng: deanna!!! where are you?

me: urmmm... home... in my bed... sleeping... early morning you know...

kai sieng: what??? why are you not up??? wake up! let's go for coffee... there are so many things i wanna talk to you about

me: i'm not up cos it's bloody early morning, darling princess... coffee? when?

kai sieng: like hullo... i mean coffee like NOW... i'm on my way to pick you up now

me: WHAT?! NOW?!

kai sieng: i am so on my way now honey

me: urghhh... yeah... well... okay... but ya hafta wait downstairs... cos i need to shower and all...

kai sieng: oh no... that will take a long time and we won't have time to drive to orchard for coffee, let's just do coffee in holland village then, i'll park downstairs at your place... call you when i arrive...see ya!

me: ok... yeah... see you

-end of teleconversation-

never in my life before have i managed a 10 mins work of - brushing teeth, flossing teeth, mouth wash, pee, showering, dressing up - for coffee on a bloody early saturday morning.



the arrival of the queen of sheba (or rather, princess kai sieng of spottiswoode park)... in his royal carriage... i showered and got ready so fast, i was downstairs even before he arrived

we had latte at haagen dazs in holland village, and conversation ensued. a part of the conversation went like this:

kai sieng: so... what happened to you lat night?

me: what do you mean 'what happened last night'?

kai sieng: i mean why did you leave alex's party so early when i had just arrived?

me: because... you were late? you came at 11pm and i was there since 8pm... and i told you i had to go for C.Y.'s birthday supper didn't i?

kai sieng: yeah i know i was late... like hellooo... i was fashionably late you know

me: (rummaging thru' my head... hell i don't know how to respond to that) yeah you were so totally fashionably late... it made calvin klein looked way too early



No comments: