Monday, November 20, 2006

Botak Jones County

on one of those evenings after work, lynda posed the age-old parennial question which will send me racing to the deepest corners of my 2-celled brain, searching for an answer

lynda: eh where to eat dinner ah?

me: ah? where ah? you say leh?

lynda drives, and therefore, she makes executive decisions on venues we should head to for grub.

lynda: ah okay, we go "botak jones"! they serve damn big burgers and fries and many many meat there. you sure like!

and my eyes twinkled with delight at the prospect of chowing greasy meat and deep fried potato dipped in salt-and-vinegar-ridden ketchup

this is clementi neighbourhood, some block of flats where the coffee shop is, botak jones is the focal point amongst all food stalls in there. it's easy to identify botak jones' stall: super long queue, and a chalkboard scrawled with menu from botak jones. lynda says there are other few botak jones branches around singapore. blessed are the population who have botak jones in their neighbourhood.

i made my way to the stall and placed order for lynda and myself:

botak jones staff: yes sir, welcome, what would you like to have?

me: thanks, i'll have the regular sized fish and chips, and the burger dish listed on your menu

botak jones staff: and what size would you like your burger to be sir?

me: errr... what do you have?

botak jones staff: first, we have the regular single patty called the botak jones burger. second, we have the double botak burger for double patty, and the 'you crazy what' for the triple patty burger

me: (suddenly greedy) okay, i'll get the triple patty burger, the 'you crazy what' meal

botak jones staff: waaaah...!!! you crazy or what? triple patty ah? u crazy ah???

me: you botak jones people also crazy, serve triple patty to your diners, and yeah i want my 'you crazy what' triple patty burger meal

botak jones staff: *laughs*

and our dinner was served...

my leftover 'you crazy what' triple burger meal... BIG MISTAKE... by the time i finished the second patty, the thought of chowing down the third patty compelled me to run to the nearest bathroom and do a 'olsen sisters act' (hint: bulimia)

and so we went walk-walk jalan-jalan look-see-look-see around the neighbourhood

neighbourhood cake shop... very old school. i bet they use butter instead of milk to make cream.


more shops along the way... like an uber aquarium shop

"eh which fish good to fry for nasi lemak ah?"

"i think that other fish good to grilling leh"

"lynda ah, you buy this one lah, can make bbq sting ray with sambal chilli"

"then this colourful things all can cook make what dish?"

1 comment:

DT said...

eh this blog is very funnny. Now I want to go to Clementi, the Greenwich Village of the West.