Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Malaysia Truly Asia : Part I

close friends who have known me for a long time, will acknowledge that i never liked to celebrate my birthday, because it's a rude thing (for me personally) to publicly announce my coming-of-age. it's tough year after year telling people people that i have turned 21 when they ask me of my age. so year after year, i'd resort to hiding at home, switch off my mobile phone and not come out at all on my birthday. friends had come knocking on my door, wanting to drag me out and i'd just switch off all lights at home, pretending i'm not home and yelling at the door "dean's not in!"

this year, i decided the tide must change. this was after i promised someone very dear to me that i will celebrate my coming-of-age (yes...i'm 21 years old, loud and proud of it), not in singapore, but in KL. and so i did.

i made my way to KL for the weekend.


8am friday... all aboard my usual aeroline coach from harbour front


along the second link bridge towards the border... into malaysia... it's always exhilirating as your coach cruises towards the border...always

No comments: