Friday, April 27, 2007

Bond That Never Breaks

time sure flies real fast when you are in the company of old friends. i woke up this morning and looked at lichelle, still deep in slumber.

and it hit me that come monday, she'll be gone back to the philippines before moving to dubai for good. and i don't know when i'll ever get to see her again. and come monday, i'll be back to my own again.

a conversation with felicia and lichelle over kaya toast and iced tea last night was one of the most heart-rendering moments in the history of our friendship. it made me resolute to preserve our links which we first soldered in our early formative years back then while studying in the university.

an attempt to call porcks in HK last night for a quick banter and hellos was futile. we understand you porcks... you musta been busy with A.

and lichelle and i got more than we bargained for when me made a quick call to pavithra who is currently doing her PhD in the states. her parents were around and we made the most genuine declaration to pavithar's mom: "we miss your dhal and sambar dishes so very much auntie!"

pavithra - we miss you lots too.

but if there is one thing i do know, is that, no matter where around the world my friends are, that bond is never gonna break.

1 comment:

Ferunk said...

Oh that post almost made me cry. I find that now that I'm in my 30s (bah!), I'm finding I appreciate my good friendships more, and have less patience for the superficial.

So to my good friends scattered throughout the world and across this small island, though we may not keep in touch as often as we should, I still think of you all the time.

On that note, can't wait to see the cheebs tonight! I miss you heaps but think will come to Dubai to visit you, go shopping and hang out at the theme parks, heh.