Sunday, February 25, 2007

To Botanic Gardens, I'm So Ardent


retire to bed early on a friday night
for an early saturday morning walk with full of might



"are you sure about this?" myself i asked
the road is long and daunting i may not last




if dora is on her way to the garden in a cab right now
maybe i can cheat and take a bus anyhow



continue on foot i must insist
for the lure of the green path i cannot resist


four cute topless joggers i encountered along the way
onward i marched i never did sway



it was an effort not wasted i reckon
the gardens' majestic gates, unto me it beckoned



pink frangipani blooms caught on my lens
with fresh morning dew, i wish this will never end



a white columned gazebo, solitary and stark
reminded me of a scene from gosford park



wah-lau-weh...so small the bonsai plants are
maybe they have caretakers the size of oompah-loompahs



hark! lo and behold, it's treebeard the ent!
branches waving at us from a true blue majestic old gent


3 comments:

Ferunk said...

A true wordsmith you are,
A glamazoid star,
With you I did walk,
And had a fun talk.

Let's rise early again
On a day with no rain
And reprise our travels
And get a tan on our navels.

Anonymous said...

oooh! we went there, but your photos make it more beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

I love this entry! it puts a smile on my face.. maybe can do a Haiku next time!

Wookie in Space