Friday, March 30, 2007

As Good As Good News Comes

i woke up pretty late this morning although i made it in time for work. i felt more than being the usual morning person than i usually am. it was like as if i am vladimir horowitz's extremely deft fingers playing chopin's butterfly etude as i moved about in my apartment getting ready for work.

i knew i was feeling light and happy but i could not pinpoint what made me feel that way. perhaps it's friday, perhaps i was glad the media event we had the day before went on well, perhaps i was thinking it's burger king day for lunch, perhaps i was looking forward to stay home as usual tonight and watch DVDs and have a bottle of wine. i couldn't find the exact and precise reason.

it was only when i was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and at the same time furiously scrutinizing the wrinkles of my forehead that it hit me - i am glad for a friend who told me of his good news the night before; that he is out of any immediate health related danger after his medical screening and tests.

and that made me think, i should just totally lay off smoking... before my cells mutate and turn cancerous.... i should.

gosh... i think i am having this brain atrophy... took me so long to realise why i am actually happy.

No comments: