Thursday, March 15, 2007

Glam Party - Finale

i garnered help from other friends too, and response came right after porcky's msn advice to me, in the form of e-mail correspondence. it was dora and david whose help i sought.

my e-mail to both dora and david:

Guess what?
I need help – what to wear.

What: Glamour Party
When: Tomorrow night
Theme : (This is the toughest part) Old Hollywood Glam – think Bogart, Bacall, Katherine Hepburn, etc

David – you have any suit I can borrow/rent that has any semblance to what the stars of the days of Old Hollywood used to wear? (e.g. suit, blazer, jacket, fedora, neck-scarve, walking cane, anything)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


david was the first to reply:

ha ha, now you need 'ang moh eye for the asian guy'

i assume you are Bogart not Hepburn.

I have one suit jacket but it is def not old hollywood plus I need it for Japan on Tuesday so prob not best to wear to a glam party so soon before.

You need to find a hat most of all.

as for a fedora, I only have the dora part sorry,

will try to think.

wait i have a white waste coat i think - Dora did I bring this to Singapore?


followed by dora:

Oh my goodness! The irony is beyond me. No, the white waist coat is not in Singapore.

Dean, why don’t you go as one of the exoticised orientals rom the old David Lean pictures. Like riding on the back of an elephant ala passage to India? Then u can wear one of ur many exotic kurtas

Ps: I got invite for the party too! Tee hee, through work. But then not quite my scene lah. If not I could be the dora in your fedora.

Sorry can’t be of much help man…


epilogue

aye thanks guys... made up my mind, i'm ditching the whole thing cos i'd rather a stress free friday evening. going running with lynda and do the late night dvd thing. but you know what... it's amazing how all of you have this indelible perception of me in a north indian kurta or some jihad joe garb and an arafat kiffayeh, in any given event/function. buwahaha!

No comments: