Monday, March 12, 2007

Robert Frost Revisited


i shot this picture of lynda and ian several weeks back when we were walking down the road from the office. lynda brought to our attention that the sky and clouds looked 'higher' than usual.

more often than not, you tend not to notice things like that until someone brings it to your attention. and in this case, it was lynda who brought it to my attention, which in turn resulted in me quickly snapping away shots of the blue sky and very distant white sheets of clouds.

perhaps if i make the effort, i may notice more things which i never knew before. a simple 5 mins walk home from the office may reveal more things if i were to pay attention to my surroundings just a lil' bit more.

in one of her recent blog postings, dora quoted a stanza from one of robert frost's poems. a poem which i used to read and admire during my early teenage years, i remember revisiting it several years back. since then, it had totally slipped off my mind until i stumbled upon it again on dora's blog (The Camel Diaries). and it was the most minor of all efforts, to go have a read at dora's little pockets of random thoughts and musings, that led me to robert frost all over again. there's a lot to do and discover as i walk down the road the next time round.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost.

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

No comments: